Womens Wedding Day Jewelry
That feeling when your special someone gets down on one knee, opens the ring box and pops the question…Will you marry me? (Internal squeals of joy) You just said yes! To the person of your dreams… and the engagement ring of your dreams. Macy’s can help you chose the rest of your wedding day jewelry with our curated selection of necklaces, earrings, bracelets and even hair accessories. Shop everything in brilliant value from diamonds to cubic zirconia in various metal colors from the best brands such as Arabella, EFFY Collection, Swarovski, Le Vian, Danori (Created for Macy’s) and more!
How to Choose Your Wedding Jewelry: We heard your big day is right around the corner… make sure it has the right amount sparkle and shine with awesome jewelry pieces. Keep reading for Macy’s wedding day jewelry guide for our beaming brides-to-be’s!
1. Less is More. Say “I do” without overdoing it…in overly flashy jewelry. Your bridal jewelry should shine but never outshine your wedding dress. It should accent and blend well with your overall bridal look.
Shopping Tip: If your wedding gown has an ornate neckline, you wouldn’t want to wear a necklace as it may distract from the neckline or make it look too busy. Instead, go with beautiful drop earrings that can complement your look.
2. Keep Your Dress Fabric in Mind. Yellow gold, platinum and rose gold—in any other situation, we’d say yes to all. But for your wedding day, you want to select jewelry based on the fabric color of your dress. If your gown is white, opt for white gold or silver pieces. If it’s ivory, gold jewelry will look best. For the blushing bride who chose a dress with subtle hues of pink, rose gold is the ideal metal for your jewelry.
3. Know Your Neckline. This will help determine the kind of necklace you are going to wear (if any at all). A shorter necklace or choker is appropriate for strapless or sweetheart necklines. V-neck dresses call for a stunning diamond necklace—complete the show-stopping look with diamond stud earrings and a tennis bracelet. However, if your dress has a high-neck or illusion front, opt for no necklace. Instead, balance the look with chandelier earrings and fresh flowers in your hair.
4. Avoid Too Many Colors. Keep it simple and go for a single color or bi-color jewelry piece that blends well with the rest of your wedding attire (and of course your engagement ring and wedding band). Multicolored jewelry can appear messy and draw attention away from your overall beauty.
5. Breathe, Keep Calm and Be Yourself. After all, this decision shouldn’t be more difficult than finding the gown! However, if you’re feeling overwhelmed by all the options, start by focusing your search. Find one special piece that screams “you” and invest in it—that diamond baguette shimmering pendant necklace is calling your name. Still not quite you? Then go with simple pearl earrings or diamond studs, they’re always classic.
Shopping Tip: Need jewelry for your bridesmaids, too? No worries! Macy’s has an amazing selection of affordable, yet stunning jewelry pieces for your most important girls. If they are wearing matching bridesmaids’ dresses, you’ll watch to keep the theme and get matching jewelry selections, as well!
It’s your wedding…and you’ll sparkle if you want to. Shop Macy’s today for a stunning selection of wedding day jewelry for women!