Need a new ’do? Change up your hair(do) with hair accessories. Good hair days are headed your way! As effortless as it is to style with flowy waves or a smooth blow out, a great way to switch up your signature style without making a serious commitment (like a dye job or haircut) is with ultra-fab hair accessories. They’re back and better than ever, trends from the past have made a comeback with updates that work for almost any occasion. Shop Macy’s for all the fashion-forward hair accessories from brands such as Lucky Brand and Guess; and INC, Created For Macy’s!
What Are The Different Types Of Hair Accessories? Headbands, bobby pins, ponytail holders, hair combs, scarf-wraps, hair ties, barrettes and hair clips are among the many stylish accents made for your mane. Fashionably adorned with trend-right fabrics, rhinestones, bows and decorations, many of these accessories are also very simple to place in your hair. Wrap them around, tie it up or clip it back—you’ll be out the door with time to spare!
What Is A Hairband? A hairband is either an elastic band to secure your hair in a ponytail (or other up ’do), or a band used around your head to hold hair away from your face. Even though some designs are ’80s-inspired, we’re (definitely) not referring to a hairband that plays heavy metal music.
• Scrunch it up and tie it back with an on-trend ’90s-inspired scrunchie.
• No longer just for toddlers and girls, headbands once considered a childhood staple are now made modern for all ages.
• Hairbands are even great for short hair. Grab a statement hairband that transitions from day to night—so you can rock that trendy short cut with a little extra glam!
Let’s deep (condition) dive…to learn a little bit more about other types of hair accessories.
Best Hair Accessories for Every Hair Type:
• Bobby Pins: Hairpin pretty. With crystal-embellishments, bobby pins are the epitome of hair jewelry. Small and ornate, tuck them in any spot for an added level of shine.
• Scarf Wraps: Not just for your neck. Scarves or scarf wraps, typically in all silk (and preferably with floral print), are a sweet addition to tie around your ponytail or wrap around your head to mimic a headband in silky-smooth fashion.
• Combs: The comb-plete package. Combs make great hair accessories for weddings. Push your hair to the side or create an elegant up ’do, and then tightly fasten a crystal comb for a sparkling touch on your big day.
• Claw Clips and Barrettes: Hold a little or a lot. Claw clips with claw-like features can hold all of your hair off your face in one quick swoop. Barrettes are a bit daintier with cute adornments and usually only clip back a small amount of hair.
Shopping Tip: Add fierce fashion to your hair on chilly days—Macy’s also carries a selection of women’s hats and earmuffs in real fur and faux fur.
How To Use A Hair Clip? It’s easy to put your hair up with a claw clip or barrette.
Choose a Claw Clip: One of this season’s favorite hair accessories perfect for creating a French twist, half-up hairdo or a messy low bun.
1. Brush your hair to get rid of knots and tangles.
2. Place one hand on either side of your head.
3. Move the hair that hangs on both sides of your face so that it meets in the back of your head.
4. Hold it together with one hand.
5. Lastly, secure the claw clip over your hair with your other free hand.
Grown-up Ways to Wear A Barrette: Check out the red carpet of late, barrettes are hotter now than they were in sixth grade. A must-have finishing touch, bold, supersized and embellished that makes a statement.
1. Brush your hair so it’s tangle-free.
2. Push a small amount of hair off your face to one side.
3. Clip in your barrette and go!
#Hairflair…head to Macy’s for the latest hair accessories from all your favorite brands!