All Bedding Basics
Ready. Set. (Bed)room refresh! Whether you’re in need of a complete bedding makeover or starting from scratch, start at Macy’s and shop our newest arrivals of the best luxury bedding basics! From mattress protectors to decorative pillows…we’ve got it all. Find bedding and all the necessary accessories from your favorite bedding brands such as Lauren Ralph Lauren, J Queen New York, Martha Stewart Collection and Hotel Collection (Created for Macy’s) and more!
The Top 10 Bedding Basics You Need for a Perfect Bed:
- Mattress Protectors. To protect your mattress, of course. Mattress protectors protect your bed from pests, allergens and even spills with breath-easy technology, waterproofing and a bed bug blocking zippered construction.
- Mattress Pads and Mattress Toppers. For next-level mattress comfort, you need a mattress pad or topper. These bad boys provide extra support or softness depending on the type.
- Sheet Sets. Don’t have that “holy sheet!” moment when you go to make your bed and realize you forgot to buy sheets. Grab a fitted and flat (or top) sheet. Fitted sheets feature an elastic hem and should fit snuggly to your mattress. A top sheet drapes on top of the fitted sheet for a bit of extra added warmth.
- Blankets, Quilts and Throws. Bundle up, baby! Blankets add an extra layer of cozy warmth to your bed. Throw blankets, quilts or coverlets can either add more warmth or drape across the top of your bed for decorative purposes.
- Comforters. If you tend to get cold at night, a comforter will be your new bed bestie. Expertly crafted comforters are filled with down or synthetic fill and used as thick toasty last layer. Macy’s has awesome fashion comforter sets in trendy prints, patterns and colors.
- Down and Down Alternative Comforters. AKA a duvet. These cozy comforters are generally all white and filled with down (or a down alternative for those with allergies). If you want to add some fashion, grab a duvet cover. Macy’s has thousands of different colors, prints and patterns.
- Bed skirts. Because beds can wear skirts, too! For a traditional bed, grab a bed skirt. These drape down from the end of the mattress to the floor.
- Pillows. Get ready to fall asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow. Down pillows, down alternative pillows, memory foam pillows, gel-infused pillows…you name it, Macy’s has the bed pillow for you!
- Pillow Protectors. You just bought an amazing pillow, now keep it clean with a pillow protector. Many are waterproof, hypoallergenic and super-plush. Not to mention, easy to clean!
- Decorative Pillows. Did you think we’d forget these? No chance. Once you have all the bedding essentials down, it’s time to add decorative pillows…because these are essential too! Decorative pillows and even big euro pillows add that final special touch to your bed—a little extra personal style, too.
Shopping Tip: Grab bedding sets or a bed-in-a-bag. Bedding sets can include a comforter, standard sham(s) and decorative pillow(s). A bed-in-a-bag can include a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, two pillowcases, a comforter or duvet cover and decorative shams. You can also always find bedding basics on sale or clearance—that’s what we like to call bedding for your buck!
What dream(bed)s are made of…shop Macy’s for all the best bedding basics!