All Kitchen Air Fryers Bakeware Blenders & Juicers Coffee Makers Cookware Cutlery & Knives Kitchen Gadgets Mixers & Attachments Small Appliances
How do you add a cozy feel to your living space? A rug will infuse warmth to your space and pull together your design scheme. They’re not just for your floors; area rugs also make lovely tapestries for your walls, too. Make your living space magazine-worthy with Macy’s stylish collection of area rugs in a plethora of prints, colors and sizes.
How to choose a rug for the bedroom?
• If you have a full/queen size bed, a 5 x 8 or 8 x 10 rug will work depending on the size of your bedroom.
• If you have a king size bed, an 8 x 10 or 9 x 12 rug will be ideal depending on your space.
How to choose a rug for the living room?
• If you want your furniture to float around your area rug, then purchase a 5 x 8 area rug.
• If you want just the front legs of your sofa and accent chairs to be on the rug, then a 7 x 9 rug is the perfect choice.
• If you want all the legs of your living room furniture to the on the rug, then a 9 x 12 rug or larger will be ideal.
How to choose a rug for the dining room?
• The area rug should be able to accommodate all the legs of the chairs at all times, even when you’re tucking the chairs in and out.
• You want to be able to maintain an even surface, while enjoying your meal.
What rugs to use on laminate floors?
• Most rugs can be used on laminate floors as long as you place an underlay or pad underneath the rug to prevent slips and damage.
• You may want to avoid rugs with latex, rubber, vinyl or woven backings that can cause damage to your laminate floors.
Helpful hint: area rugs can be used in multiples to connect a dual-purpose room, like a living/dining room or living room/office.
Rug refresh: liven up your living space with a new area rug from Macy’s!